This panorama, photographed by James Blakeway, spotlights the Iowa Hawkeyes football team playing a Big 10 Conference rival for a win and possession of the Floyd of Rosedale bronze pig trophy. One of the most famous trophies in all of college football, Floyd of Rosedale dates back to 1935, when Minnesota-Iowa governors agreed to award their states prize pig to the winner of the football game. This game also marked the opening of the conference season in Iowa City and, the first time since 1979 that Iowa hosted Minnesota on Homecoming. Founded in 1847, The University of Iowa is the largest university in the state, with more than 30,000 students, but the smallest public institution in the Big Ten.
Format: Deluxe Frame
Artist: JAMES BLAKEWAY
Title: IOWA, THE UNIVERSITY OF - FOOTBALL - ENDZONE - Deluxe Frame
Image Dimensions: 37.5 width X 9 height
Paper Dimensions: 40 width X 13.5 height
Blakeway Panoramas photographs, publishes, and distributes the largest selection of high quality panoramic art prints in the U.S and worldwide. They specialize in licensed sports panoramas, Nascar, Golf, Horse Racing, panoramas of city skylines and many other panoramas of fabulous sites from around the world.
Features of this item:
- Made in the USA
- Panoramas are available unframed, with a standard frame, or a deluxe frame.
- All Blakeway prints are 40 by 13.5 inches.
- All Blakeway Panoramic Frames are made out of the Highest Quality Black Aluminum, as opposed to low quality wood or compressed cardboard (like most frames)
- Your Panoramic Frame will have Heavy Duty Tempered Glass (safety glass!) which Displays Nicer, and is also much Easier to Clean than plexiglass
- Your Panoramic Frame will come with a fully adjustable heavy duty cable so its Ready to Hang!