This panorama, taken by James Blakeway, spotlights the South Carolina Gamecocks football team living up to their unique moniker with a victory over their opponent and finishing their first sweep of the SEC East. The Gamecocks were named in honor of Thomas Sumter, a South Carolina war hero who fought during the American Revolution. Sumter was given his name, The Carolina Gamecock, for his fierce fighting tactics. South Carolina fielded its first football team in 1892, against Furman on Christmas Eve in Charleston. In 1992, the Gamecocks moved to the SEC and, in 2010, they won their first SEC Eastern Division Championship, the same year they defeated the #1 ranked team in the country.
Artist: JAMES BLAKEWAY
Title: SOUTH CAROLINA, UNIVERSITY OF - END ZONE - Unframed
Image Dimensions: 37.5 width X 9 height
Paper Dimensions: 40 width X 13.5 height
Blakeway Panoramas photographs, publishes, and distributes the largest selection of high quality panoramic art prints in the U.S and worldwide. They specialize in licensed sports panoramas, Nascar, Golf, Horse Racing, panoramas of city skylines and many other panoramas of fabulous sites from around the world.
Features of this item:
- Made in the USA
- Panoramas are available unframed, with a standard frame, or a deluxe frame.
- All Blakeway prints are 40 by 13.5 inches.
- All Blakeway Panoramic Frames are made out of the Highest Quality Black Aluminum, as opposed to low quality wood or compressed cardboard (like most frames)
- Your Panoramic Frame will have Heavy Duty Tempered Glass (safety glass!) which Displays Nicer, and is also much Easier to Clean than plexiglass
- Your Panoramic Frame will come with a fully adjustable heavy duty cable so its Ready to Hang!